Travel Update - Coronavirus
Last Updated: 13 July 2020 - 11:00
Turkey lifts restrictions on foreign tourists visiting
Turkey has now lifted restrictions on both international and domestic flights, meaning that foreign tourists can now visit and will NOT be subject to any quarantine measures.
What measures are being taken to protect guests against COVID-19 by hotels and other touristic establishments in Turkey in summer 2020?
Hotels and other touristic establishments are now opening and starting to welcome tourists. Many of our guests are currently in the hotels and enjoy their holidays. The Turkish government has implemented a new certification scheme to licence hotels and all other touristic establishments, to ensure that they apply the highest standards of health and hygiene required for guests to enjoy happy and healthy holidays in Turkey this summer.
Before they are allowed to open, all hotels in Turkey must apply for certificates demonstrating that they have complied with wide-ranging hygiene measures. All staff must also undergo specific training to combat any risks associated with coronavirus. Many hotels have already been awarded their certificates.
There are over 100 different measures which include (but are not limited to):
- Hand sanitiser and disinfectant will be provided throughout public areas, including in the reception area and spa areas
- Rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected whenever a guest leaves the hotel, including remote controls and other hard surfaces
- Restaurants will be organised so that there is a minimum distance of 1.5 metres between tables and 60 cms between chairs
- If food is served from an open buffet there must be a glass screen between the food and guests and food is to be served by a member of staff, not self-service
- Chlorine levels in pool water must be strictly maintained to between 1-3 ppm in outdoor pools and between 1 - 1.5 ppm in indoor pools.
- A strict cleaning rota, including disinfection, must be carried out and recorded in areas such as toilets, showers and changing cabins around the pool and beach
- Each guest can only use facilities such as saunas, Turkish baths and steam baths for a maximum of 30 minutes, after which they must be for cleaned for at least 15 minutes after each guest
- Protocols will be set out and implemented to isolate any suspected or actual cases of coronavirus
For more information about the certification criteria, please visit Turkey Tourism, Promotion and Development Agency (TGA) or download the COVID-19 assessment form for accommodation, cafes and restaurants which lists the more than 100 measures.
We believe that other countries will develop and publish similar measures for their travel industry and would encourage you to check our website regularly for any new updates.
Now that restrictions have begun to be lifted, we are here to help you find the ideal halal-friendly destination and to give you all of the information you need for a healthy and relaxing holiday.
International travel restrictions
Although Turkey has now lifted international travel restrictions, some countries do still have them in place. For further details you should check for updates regarding travel from the authorities in the country where you live.
Change dates free of charge and no admin fees
If your booking is affected by travel restrictions, we have good news for you. We agreed with many of our hotels to allow our customers to change their booking dates regardless of the booking’s cancellation policy. With many hotels you can change your dates free of charge resulting in savings of approx. 30%. If you want to change your booking dates, please open your booking confirmation email and click the "MANAGE MY BOOKING" button and afterwards the “MODIFY THIS BOOKING” button. This has to be managed through our online system and cannot be done over the phone.
Are you due to travel before 25th August?
We are experiencing a very high number of calls and would like to ask you to follow the above procedure and/or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have requested your change of date, you will be contacted by us to process your modification with no admin fee. We’re working hard to reach customers as quickly as possible – please bear with us.
Are you due to travel on or after 25th August?
We are currently prioritising customers who are due to travel before 25th August. We know that you might be apprehensive about your upcoming holidays during this time, but we hope that you will understand that we need to prioritise customers travelling in the next few weeks.
Summer and Autumn holidays
Here are 5 great reasons why you should consider booking now:
1. Resorts are Now Open
Many of our top halal-friendly beach resorts have reopened and are already welcoming guests.
2. New Hygiene Measures with Covid-19 Certification
The Turkish authorities have set out new health and safety standards for resorts to maintain the highest levels of hygiene, ensuring your safety. Hotels are certified against these more than 100 measures by Bureau Veritas, one of the world's leading certification bodies.*
3. Quarantine Restrictions Lifted - Airlines Resume Flights
It is no longer necessary for foreign tourists to enter quarantine on arrival in Turkey. More and more airlines have resumed flights to Turkey and gradually increase the number of flights directly to Antalya for the summer school season.
4. Brand-new Flexible Payment Options
Book with confidence by paying as little as 20% of the cost of your stay - in many cases, you only need to pay the remaining balance of 80% just 7 days before you check in - Free of charge cancellation available!
Free Cancellation rates
If you are still thinking about booking a holiday to travel later in the year, then we would like to reassure you that we have fully flexible ‘free cancellation’ rates available for most of our hotel and villa accommodation. This means that if you decide, nearer the time, that you don’t want to travel, you can cancel (up until the date shown on your booking confirmation email) with no penalty, and receive a full refund. This way you can secure a holiday with no risk.
We would like to thank you in advance for your patience and your confidence in us.
Your HalalBooking Team